Saturday 15 December 2012

Traffic Brought to a Standstill as President Jonathan Attends Redemption Camp


Reports from the Vanguard newspaper have revealed that President Goodluck Jonathan has paid an unexpected visit to the ongoing RCCG at Redemption Camp of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) along the Lagos–Ibadan Expressway.
The visit has however, caused a lot of discomfort for road users along the axis as commuters complained bitterly, the Vanguard reported. While passengers were stranded at different Bus Stop for several hours, as security officers attached to the President closed the roads from Marina axis of the state on the Lagos Island to Lagos- Ibadan expressway.
Excerpt of the complaints of some of the road users as reported by the Vanguard are presented below:
One Mr. Adewale Adekoya, a motorist, lamented,” I closed from work early today but to my surprise, I was told that I cannot make use of the road now because the President I elected into office want to pass. This is appallin… I have been this traffic for hours and due to this, I am hungry here now because I did not eat at work hoping to get home early and eat.”
Another affected individual, Simeon Anthony, a commuter, said “I had no option than to trek because I cannot say when the traffic would subside. And for me, I cannot wait at the Bus Stop for a commercial bus that I do not know when it would arrive.”
Source: Vanguard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate